|Location||Swanscombe, Borough of Dartford|
|Classification||DfT category E|
|2 November 1908||opened|
|6 July 1930||resited|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
The first station, a small wooden halt, was opened in 1908. In 1930 the present station was opened 840 yards (770 m) east of the original.
The station is awkwardly located in a very deep chalk cutting, with a long staircase from the booking office leading to the up platform. The down platform is reached across a road overbridge and down another long flight of stairs. There is no step-free access to either platform. Passengers requiring step-free access are advised to use Greenhithe railway station.
The ticket office, on the 'up' side at road level, is located in a recent building. This is staffed only during part of the day; at other times a ticket machine is available and is located outside the ticket office. Until the 1980s, separate staffed ticket offices were located in buildings on each platform, suitably equipped with ticketing machinery. It was named and signed as Swanscombe Halt until the 1980s.
The typical off-peak service in trains per hour is:
- 2 tph to London Charing Cross via Sidcup
- 2 tph to Luton via Woolwich Arsenal and Greenwich
- 2 tph to Gravesend
- 2 tph to Rainham via Chatham
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|